Establishing New SASE Research Networks
Please note: SASE is currently reviewing its network creation process, and new guidelines will be published in 2022. The guidelines below are applicable until July 2022, but please be in touch with the Executive Director (Annelies Fryberger, email@example.com) if you would like to submit a network application in this interim period.
To submit a proposal to the Executive Council please provide the following:
- A short summary (200 words max) on the themes of the network comparable in style to existing networks – if accepted this would be used for the website: https://sase.org/about/networks/
- A short justification (3 pages max) for the Research Network. This should include:
– The history of the topic within the SASE context, for example, previous mini-conferences and participation rates.
– Evidence that there is a substantial constituency interested in the topic, and that it is distinctive from existing networks.
– Commitment from the proposers to promote and administer the network for at least five years.
- Short CVs of the persons responsible for running the network (1 page max for each person).
- A list of supporters (a minimum of 10) who would be interested in participating in this network at future conferences.
It bears repeating that the proposed network must be sufficiently different from existing networks to draw scholars from areas previously not represented, or underrepresented, at SASE conferences. The Executive Council will carefully review the network application to see if it should become a new network, or be included in an already existing one.
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of April to be considered for inclusion as a Network the following year.