Postdoctoral Position – IPE/Regulatory Governance/Law
Tim Büthe, Professor of Political Science & Public Policy and Chair for International Relations at the Technical University of Munich (TUM), is inviting applications for a postdoctoral position in his research team at the Hochschule für Politik/Bavarian School of Public Policy (HfP) in Munich, Germany, starting in fall/winter 2018. We will begin reviewing applications on 7 September 2018.
How to Apply
To apply, please send the following materials electronically to email@example.com:
• Cover letter, indicating inter alia when you hope to start if we can offer you a position, which give a sense of your scholarly and career interests;
• Current CV (curriculum vitae, incl. list of publications);
• A preliminary research proposal (in English; typically 2-6 pages in length) for a research project you hope to carry out in the context of this postdoctoral fellowship;
• Transcripts providing specific information about all of your university-level coursework and/or a list of courses that is informative about your substantive and methodological preparation, including the level at which each course was taken and the grade obtained;
• If not readily apparent from the official transcripts: documentation of all degrees obtained (typically in politics, economics, or related social sciences incl. possibly law);
• A research paper or other analytical writing sample, preferably published (in English or German);
• 2 letters of recommendation that speak to the applicant’s qualifications for postdoctoral research, respectively (in English or German). Letters should be sent directly by the recommenders. Letters are not required for the initial consideration of an application, but will at least two letters be required before an offer can be made.
There is no official deadline, however applications will be reviewed from September 7th and the successful applicant could start as early as October 2018.