Call for papers on Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Internet of Things
The Revista de Bioética y Derecho of the University of Barcelona announces a call for papers for a monographic issue dedicated to artificial intelligence, robotics, and the Internet of things. There is a growing interest in the bioethical, social and legal implications of new technological developments, bringing us closer to a world that seemed to be only science fiction.
We invite submissions on all areas related to these topics, including, but not limited to, any of the following issues:
– The concept of person, robot, and cyborg
– Minors, robotics and the Internet
– Impact on people’s freedom and privacy
– Automated decision making and algorithms
– Lovotics, person-to-person or person-to-robot affective development
– Security and cyber-security
– Assistive Technologies and Domotics
– Digital currency or cryptocurrency (Blockchain)
– The role of Big Data in GDPR, digital bias, and discrimination
The journal will accept original works written in Spanish, Catalan, French or English, with a maximum length of 6,000 words, including references, bibliography, tables, and graphics. The paper must be sent only in MS Word format, Cambria or Arial 12, double-spaced. Originals must be sent via this link. All papers are subject to peer-review and those that pass the selection process will be accepted for publication.
Deadline for submissions: 1 December 2018.
Revista de Bioética y Derecho is an open access journal of the University of Barcelona published by the Observatory of Bioethics and Law (OBD). The Journal is indexed, among other, at ERIH PLUS, DOAJ and VLEX. All relevant information regarding the call and the journal is available here: http://revistes.ub.edu/index.php/RBD/announcement/view/366